What your 5 step weight loss program includes
- Individualised meal plan with 30 delicious recipes + free portion plate
- Easy to use tool to monitor your daily food intake to ensure you are on the right track. No need to count calories/kilojoules!
- You will gain an understanding of kilojoules/calories to help you make healthier food choices and ensure you are eating the balance of kilojoules/calories to lose weight
- Computerised nutritional analysis of your new eating pattern
- On-going follow-up to ensure long term success and help to manage any psychological issues you come up against. Zoe and Marlene are also happy to answer any questions or concerns via email between appointments.
The first few sessions are usually done weekly, then become fortnightly to monthy to bi-monthy, depending on your progress and individual needs.
figureate's philosophy on weight loss...
As experienced weight loss dietitians, Zoe and Marlene believe the key to successful and ongoing weight loss and health is to realise that your diet does not need to be 100% perfect all the time and that you can allow yourself treats without feeling you've broken your "diet"
A healthy eating pattern or diet is comprised of the 3 following points:
- Getting all your nutrition
- Eating the right amount of kilojoules/calories to achieve and maintain a healthier weight (not necessarily within the BMI)
- Allowing yourself treats/indulgences when it's appropriate
DIET TIPS FOR BUSY CHICKS- check out this fantastic book, completely in line with our philosophy!
Know what you should be doing?
If you feel you know what you need to be doing, but continually struggle to do it, it may be because you have set the bar too high. By changing the way you approach weight loss by following the above 3 points, you may find it much easier to start getting results. If you still find it difficult to make the changes you want, Zoe and Marlene will be able to help you through use of health coaching techniques and counselling (see below). It is the use of these valuable consulting skills as a weight loss dietetian that have proven to be successful with many happy clients.
A word from Zoe and Marlene...
Healthy eating is generally not rocket science. You probably already have a general idea of the foods you should be eating to improve your health or lose weight. Therefore, the issue is often not what you are eating but why you choose to eat what you do and until this is dealt with, you may find it difficult to make long-term dietary changes. It is also for this reason that diets don’t work. Diets only deal with what are you eating rather than the reasons why.
This is where we can help you...
Dealing with the reasons why you eat the way you do, involves behaviour modification and an understanding of where your behaviours stem from. To help you with this, Zoe and Marlene have been trained in Health Coaching techniques by Health Coaching Australia. Zoe has also had training in ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy).
- Health coaching uses evidence-based psychological, counseling and coaching principles and techniques to assist people to achieve long-term behaviour change. Visit Health Coaching Australia at http://www.healthcoachingaustralia.com/ to find out more.
- ACT is an evidence-based psychology approach which focuses on helping you deal with the sometimes unpleasant throughts and feelings that are often a part of your weight loss journey and that can sabotage your efforts. ACT helps you identify your values - what is truly important and meaningful to you - and uses that knowledge to motivate you to make change.
Personal programs for weight loss and weight management, Melbourne
With a special interest in weight loss in Melbourne, Zoe and Marlene will implement well proven and rewarding techniques individualised to suit your specific needs.
Personal, private and successful weight loss, Melbourne
With a passion for personalised service and a desire to understand and treat each individual client, Zoe and Marlene will help you to set your own specific goals and develop an action plan of how you can achieve them. While you will be provided with a meal plan in the initial consultation, you can also opt for a specialised meal plan to start you on your journey. You will also learn all the skills you need to make wise food choices, plan your own meals and learn how to assess your diet to know if you are on the right track.
Meal ideas from an expert weight loss dietetian
As part of the program, Zoe and Marlene will provide you with delicious, healthy meal and snack ideas that are quick and easy to prepare. You will receive tips for meal planning and cooking that will save you time and money.
What’s more, all dietary advice is suitable for the whole family and it is always a delight to see how dietary changes start to benefit other family members.
All dietary advice is tailored to your specific needs. Zoe and Marlene will help you to set your specific goals and develop an action plan of how you will achieve these goals. You don't have to give up your favourite foods or indulgences. Instead you'll learn how to incorporate these into a healthier diet.
Get started today! Click contact to make an appointment.
Figureate has offices in Malvern and Coburg, both less than a 15 minute drive from Melbourne CBD.
To help people make better food choices to feel good about their weight, improve vitality and find relief from any tummy troubles or other food intolerances.
Specialists in Weight Loss, Weight loss tips, Weight loss plans,
Fructose Malabsorption and Food Intolerance