A word from figureate...
Healthy eating is generally not rocket science. You probably already have a general idea of the foods you should be eating to improve your health or lose weight. Therefore, the issue is often not what you are eating but why you choose to eat what you do and until this is dealt with, you may find it difficult to make long-term dietary changes. It is also for this reason that diets don’t work. Diets only deal with what are you eating rather than the reasons why.
This is where we can help you...
Dealing with the reasons why you eat the way you do, involves behaviour modification and an understanding of where your behaviours stem from. To help you with this, Zoe and Marlene have been trained in Health Coaching techniques by Health Coaching Australia. Zoe has also had training in ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy).
- Health coaching uses evidence-based psychological, counseling and coaching principles and techniques to assist people to achieve long-term behaviour change. Visit Health Coaching Australia at http://www.healthcoachingaustralia.com/ to find out more.
- ACT is an evidence-based psychology approach which focuses on helping you deal with the sometimes unpleasant throughts and feelings that are often a part of your weight loss journey and that can sabotage your efforts. ACT helps you identify your values - what is truly important and meaningful to you - and uses that knowledge to motivate you to make change.
figureate can help you with
• Weight loss
• Food intolerance (FODMAPs and natural food chemicals)
• Diabetes & prediabetes
• High cholesterol
• Nutrition for pregnancy
• Muscle building & weight gain
Please click on each specialty for details about figureate's approach to helping you, or go straight to contact to organise an appointment today.
What to expect from your private consultation...
Your private consultation will focus on your specific and individual needs. Your readiness and desire to make dietary and lifestyle changes will be assessed and together we will come up with a plan of exactly how you will start making small but significant changes to your eating that can be maintained long-term in order for you to achieve life-long results. A meal plan suited to your food preferences will be provided in the initial consultation.
figureate dietitians Zoe and Marlene, will provide you with all the appropriate skills and education you need to start managing your health problem and refer you for any necessary testing.
Private consultations can be one on one or you can bring your partner or spouse. If you both require specific dietary advice, extended consultations (90 minutes) are available at a cheaper rate than 2 full consultations.
• Initial consultation (45 minutes) $135* - this includes a tailored meal plan and free portion size plate valued at $21.50
• Couples initial consultation (60 minutes) $175
• Standard consultation (20-30 minutes) $75
• Extended consultation (up to 90 minutes) $190
• 7 day Personal Eating Program $185
*Pension holders and health care card holders pay $120 for initial consultations and $70 for standard consultations
Costs may be claimable with private health insurance 'extras' cover.
figureate accepts referrals through the Medicare Benefits Scheme as provided through your general practitioner.
Failure to attend an arranged appointment is unfair to other patients and your practitioner’s time, so please provide 24 hours notice if you are unable to make a scheduled appointment. Failure to do so may result in the full cost of the scheduled appointment being charged.
We understand that in exceptional circumstances, this may not be possible, and we are always happy to make exceptions at such times.
“To help you make better food choices to feel good about your weight, improve energy and find relief from food intolerance.”
Specialists in Weight Loss, Weight loss tips, Weight loss plans,
Fructose Malabsorption and Food Intolerance